Friday, March 8, 2013

Quote Me: Celebrating Women


International Women's Day is here again and it always makes me take pause and reflect on the amazing women who I admire, who came before me, who walk beside me and those who are raising the next generation of women. I wanted to share a few quotes (because I'm obsessed with quotations) about women that I was drawn too. We can be many things; bold, strong, fragile, emotional, glamorous, solid, vulnerable, intelligent, helpful, beautiful, scary, capable and MUCH MORE. We are the keeper of the keys, the givers of life and the most inspirational people I know.

What I also know is that women are WAY TOO HARD ON THEMSELVES. Give yourself a break and take some time today to reflect on where we have been as women, where we are and where we are going! 
“With the spread of conformity and image-driven superficiality, the allure of an individuated woman in full possession of herself and her powers will prove irresistible. We were born for plenitude and inner fulfillment.” ― Elizabeth Prioleau, Seductress - Women Who Ravished the World and Their Lost Art of Love
“I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn't need to hide behind her husband's back. I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don't play victim, you don't make yourself look pitiful, you don't point fingers. You stand and you deal. You face the world with a head held high and you carry the universe in your heart.” ― C. JoyBell C.

"Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" Anne Frank.

"There are two ways of spreading light. To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it." – EdithWharton

"Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror." – Byron Katie.

                                                                      "The Ages Of Women" Gustav Klimt, 1905

"I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process." - Diana Nyad
"Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses." – Madame Marie du Deffand.
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." – Gloria Steinem.
"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."— Marie Curie, chemist and physicist

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living. Growth demands a temporary surrender of security." — Gail Sheehy, American journalist

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."— Oprah Winfrey




What are your FAV quotes? 

Celebrate yourself and all the fabulous women who surround you today and Always!

Further Reading:


3 comments:

  1. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say excellent blog!


    My web site; white skin fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes, very inspiring - especially Anne Frank and Gloria Steinem!
    Thank you LisaG!

    ReplyDelete