Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The First Lady Looks FORWARD


I was blown away by Michelle Obama's speech last night. For the first time I was a VERY proud American resident. With such effortless class and ease the First Lady delivered an amazing speech in support of her husbands re-election. The speech had such a genuine air about it. I read somewhere that she took the last month writing the speech herself (no 3rd party speech writers required). I loved the reinforcement that our choice is really not a political choice but a human choice. Never once slamming, degrading or talking negatively about the Republicans; total CLASS. She highlighted the President's desire for equality for all regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, income or education level. The choice in November is CLEAR to me; to move FORWARD. It makes me SAD that many people are so hung up on "What has not happened" rather than what the President has accomplished. People need to take a REALISTIC look at the political situation Mr. Obama walked into after 8 years of the Bush administration as well as the fact that REAL CHANGE takes TIME! By adjusting expectations and standing together we can all realize opportunities that are truly afforded to all in America if we are willing to work for it and offer our.

Tracy Reese Dress and J. Crew Pumps

I agree with Russell Simmons statementNever stop giving back! First Lady Michelle Obama shared so many powerful messages last night, but the 1 that really stayed with me was when she said of President Obama, “He believes that when you’ve…walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. No, you reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.” To me, that’s the basic choice we face this Fall. Are we going to be a country where the priority is “get yourself paid and everyone else can fend for themselves?” Or a country where it’s ok to, “Get paid, but always give back too.” To me, it’s an easy choice. Listen, I’m as rich as a lot of these big Republicans, but I WANT to pay more taxes if that means better schools, health care, transportation and welfare, for everyone else. Because I know that the second you stop looking to help and give back in life, whatever success you’ve experienced will become worthless. I really hope The First Lady’s message came through loud and clear to ALL Americans last night, because if we don’t collectively embrace the concept of giving back, then we’ll be lost as a country.

Are you registered to VOTE?

(Image: BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Esquire.com)



Did you miss the speech?? WATCH:


2 comments:

  1. I listened to it this morning getting ready for work. I agree, I really admired her approach and it was very effective - genuine, her own words and true to her own voice, focusing on working together for positive change instead of knocking others down...
    She's right. Change isn't always easy and it's not always quick but that's not a reason to throw in the towel and stop working at it. I like her more and more all the time. She's so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa, for sharing this amazing moment in history.
    I too was blown away!

    As I listened To Michelle Obama speak, goosebumps riddled my entire body. When this happens, it's an intuitive thing, something I experience when what I am listening to or experiencing is the RIGHT thing or a message that I'm on the right track.

    ...And I wish everyone in the United States could experience that same feeling about President Obama.
    He truly is the RIGHT man to be the President of The United
    States.
    Hopefully, there is someone coming up the ranks that can fill President Obama's shoes someday, in many years to come.

    I wish we had a "Prime Minister Obama" in Canada!

    With appreciation and blessings,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete