Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sole Sister Sunday: VENEZIA



 I am ALWAYS on the hunt for 'the new shoe' or the new place to buy them and I have to say Twitter has been an invaluable resource in my never ending quest.  This is where I found VENEZIA SHOES.


Literally where Venice Italy and the Venice Beach, CA Boardwalk collide. VENEZIA is a fab boutique located in Venice California. The owner and curator of all things fabulous for her boutique is Alexandra Yeaggy, Fashion Designer, World Traveller and Sole Sister! She has spent the last 7 years in Italy acquiring skills and traditional Italian methods of Fashion Design: Pattern making, garment construction and Shoe Shopping! She brought a piece of Italy home to her native California in the form of affordable but trendy shoes AND accessories.  I LOVE that all pieces in the VENEZIA collection are under $39.95! You can be chic and on-trend in a VERY affordable way! Don't forget to take a digital trip to "The Trend Deck" where Alex showcases the looks and trends she loves!


What will you find when you visit VENEZIA?

SHOES in all styles and a wide variety of colours and prints.






and accessories, like unique costume jewelry. LOVE this ring! (PS - it's $7.95)


Daytime Star Melody Thomas Scott ROCKS the triple pearl ring on the red carpet!

I had an opportunity to catch up with Alex and chat with her about her trendy & chic beach side boutique!!

Alex in her FAB shoe closet!


LG: Where did the concept of VENEZIA come from?

AY: I lived and worked in Italy for 7 years and I finally moved back to my hometown of Los Angeles with my fiance’ almost 2 years ago. We wanted to build a brand together that integrated both Italian and Southern Californian style. The Venice beach boardwalk was the perfect place for it, and is in essence where Venice, Italy meets Southern California with the Venice, CA canals etc.  We wanted to provide both an affordable price and adorable on-trend shoes, handbags, and accessories.  And so, Venezia was born. We created a place where every girl can feel like she's in Italy, and be happy to shop the hottest styles while keeping her pockets full.


LG: What inspires your selections for the shop? Have you always loved shoes?


AY: I have always been a huge shoe lover right from the start. I find it’s the one thing that I consistently and obsessively fall in love with, and I just can’t get enough! I am very focused on what is on-trend in both style and color, as well as researching up-and-coming trends on the streets globally. I try to keep a gentle balance of European trends with a California style when selecting each piece.


LG: What can shoppers expect to see for F/W 2012?


AY: As we are on the beachfront, our Summer collection last’s a bit longer than most. We are looking forward to introducing our Fall/Winter collections come the beginning of October 2012. Shoppers can expect to see one of this season’s favorite Color Crushes: Cobalt Blue!


LG: What are your MUST HAVE pieces?



AY: For me, it’s a neutral pump in the winter and a neutral wedge in the summer. I enjoy a good pop of color as well, sometimes dressing from my shoes-up. For me, a shoe can really dictate an outfit.  If a shoe is already a great bold color on its own, I tend to lean towards more neutral tones up on top.

LG: If you had one piece of STYLE advice as it pertains to shoes what would it be?


AY: Keep it comfortable.  In the end, you are the one that will be wearing your shoes day in and day out. Some may boldly choose fashion over comfort when necessary, but I believe there is always the option to choose fashion WITH comfort.



SHOP VENEZIA in the boutique: 909 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 

OR ONLINE
*Shipping now only in the US but will soon be expanding into Canada AND BEYOND*

Connect with Alex via TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment