Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Star Is Born


June 1, 1926 was the day that a real star was born. Norma Jean Baker AKA Marilyn Monroe. She would have been 86 years young today. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this day and all that she has done for popular culture.

Funny that I just booked my summer family vacation in Palm Springs, California and realized that the GIANT Marilyn statue that was once housed in Chicago has now taken a new 12 month home in the center of the dessert; Where old Hollywood used to live and play. It is the famous scene from the 1955 film "The Seven Year Itch"
The statue is 26 feet tall and weighs 34,000 lbs. It will stay in Palm Springs over the next year to coincide with the 50th anniversary of her tragic death.
Stay tuned for pics of me an a mammoth Marilyn in July! 

So to pay my own homage to her I'll be watching my FAV Monroe film: "How To Marry A Millionaire" - 1953

 3 major Hollywood starlets in one witty, funny film with FAB wardrobe.




CHEERS Norma Jean!!! You have inspired generations of women to be sexy and fabulous! Often imitated; never duplicated. 
XO

Want Marilyn's Look? Check out this great Make-Up Tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment