Sunday, February 20, 2011

KORS: 30 & Fabulous



Happy Anniversary Michael Kors ~ 2011 marks the 30th year in the fashion business for this famous designer who has re-defined American Sportswear. His designs are timeless, classic and chic! He sold his first collection to Bergdorf Goodman at the age of 19 and has never looked back.









He designed for the French house Celine from 1997-2004 as well as continuing to design for his own label. He was the first ever women's ready-to-wear designer and creative director for Celine. I sincerely respect designers who can design under more than one 'umbrella' bringing their own design aesthetic but staying true to the labels history and catering to their customer. This creative multi-tasking is a very rare quality few designers can pull off well.


MK with Stylist Rachel Zoe: Harpers Bazaar.


His philosophy: "Make people feel confident and comfortable; help women look beautiful."

He is the recipient of the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) life time achievement award and at the age of 50 made him the youngest designer EVER to receive that honor.

MK has a large clientele of celebrities but he designs for real women. His clothes are fabulous and functional. My MK purchase for Fall/Winter; a black MK belted trench coat, which I LOVE:


First Lady Michelle Obama wearing Kors in her White House official portraits.


I loved his "Twisted Country Club Dressing" of the 1990's with all the 'supermodels' of the decade on hand at all of his shows.







MK signed on to Project Runway in 2004. Project Runway is "must see TV" at my house and I truly love MK for sharing his wisdom and honesty. Some of his no nonsense critiques are hilarious! and I always look forward to hearing his perspective on the designers.

His signature style: Black Blazer, Black T-shirt, and black trouser or jeans topped with black aviator's (MK of course). Chic & Sleek!


“I think fashion is traditionally about society, worshipping youth,” he says. “But I think the best combination is youth and experience. So right now is a wonderful moment for me. I still feel curious. I still feel excited about what’s next.”














I'm excited to see what is next for you too Michael, CHEERS to 30 more years!!! The sky's the limit.


SHOP: www.michaelkors.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice videos! Darn I should have pursued my designing career instead of moving to Southern Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the runway shows from the 1990's The bright side is there is ALWAYS time. If you have the passion you can make it happen. I'm on this program, I should have went into fashion design too right out of the gate! Need to create a different path for myself - destination: FASHION. Thanks for reading Victoria!

    ReplyDelete