Sunday, January 2, 2011

Style Maven Series: Loren Ridinger


My first Style Maven of the new year is Mother, Wife, Entrepreneur, Creative Director and Internet Icon who is changing the face of both the beauty and shopping industries. She is the SVP of Market America  with a distribution/sales force of approx 180,000 and a customer base of 3 million. She also has a fashion/style and beauty blog My FashionCents

Loren with Husband and founder of Market America JR Ridinger

Loren is the Creative Director for the cosmetics line, Motives by Loren Ridinger as well as the skin care line Cellular Laboratories by Loren Ridinger.


She also gives women a gift of luxury with her striking jewellery collection, Lorens Jewels. Items range from $750-$100,000 and has a large celebrity clientele. She has even partnered with her friend Kim Kardashian to create a collection of earrings called “Kim’s Kollection” 


She makes women look good via her brands but she makes them feel good and inspires them via her web site Loren’s World. She empowers women through positive affirmations and sharing her wisdom and information. Her motto: “You become what you think about all the time” . I truly believe in the power of positive thinking and perpetuating what you conceive and believe in your mind and heart.

I enjoy seeing her tweets with her positive affirmations and her "there is room for everybody" attitude.  It is truly inspiring for aspiring entrepreneurs (such as myself) to hear such encouragement from someone who has built her brands, continues to create and is living the life. She inspires me because she practices what she preaches in the public eye.



When she is not inspiring women and making us all feel and look beautiful she is helping others via her philanthropy work. Loren is the co-chair for Rally for Kids for Cancer Foundation  - Eva Longoria is her co-chair and friend. She also lends her kind heart, time and resources to many other causes and charity events.

The underlying thread to all her businesses is STYLE. I had the opportunity to ask her my Style Maven Questions:

LISA: Can you describe your personal Style aesthetic AND attitude about fashion?

LOREN: My personal style is modern, European inspired, I like to mix edgy rock n roll inspired pieces and mixed them with classic and vintage accessories. I will normally wear Balmain jackets and tops, mixed with Hudson jeans, Alexander MC queen booties mixed with a vintage Judith Lieber bag, Hermes bag and top it off with Loren Jewels. My attitude towards fashion is if it looks good wear it. Impulse buys are great but make sure you look good in them. I think it’s important to look good and feel comfortable then to wear something that does not drape your body well just because it’s a trend. I suggest to try to buy yourself a few classic pieces that with last forever. You will never go wrong with a chanel suit, a pair of Christian Luboutin pumps, Hermes bag, diamond studs, a pair of bootleg jeans this items will last your forever and will never go out of style.

LISA: What are the key components / pieces in your closet?

LOREN: Chanel suit, Balmain jacket, Hermes bag, Judith Lieber bag, Yves Saint Laurent sandals, Hudson Jeans, white & black tank top, Juicy Couture sweatsuits and the Jennifer ball bracelet from Loren Jewels.

LISA: How do you feel about Vintage Clothing and Accessories?

LOREN: I see vintage clothing and accessories as a work of art something that you can collect and wear forever. There is always history and a story behind a vintage piece, wether it is carried over from generation, a dress worn by an oscar winner, a designer dress that can no longer be found all these pieces tell a story and that’s what makes them so special.

LISA: What are your favorite Vintage pieces (Clothing and/or Accessories)? Do you only wear designer vintage?

LOREN: I am huge fan of Judith Lieber vintage bags I own over 20 of them, I also collect vintage jewelry it all started when my mother gave meone of my grandmother’s rings, I also collect several chanel vintage jackets and Louis Vuitton vintage bags. I don’t only wear vintage but I like to mix and match.

LISA: What are you wearing this winter? Tell our readers the key elements for
your Winter 2011 wardrobe

LOREN: This Winter a must have is a fur vest, leather leggings, fur Jackets and
uggs.

A Sample of Loren's Style:




I thank you Loren for all of the inspiration and for setting such an amazing example for entrepreneurs and creative women in general. You are a real MOGUL & a MAVEN xo

Loren loves a great bag! My Evolution Vintage pick for her.


Vintage Whiting & David gold metal mesh clutch



No comments:

Post a Comment