Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life In The Fab Lane: Kimora's Evolution



The hit Style network reality show "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane" returns with an ALL NEW SEASON!! Set your DVR's for Sunday January 9th @ 9/8c

I'm looking forward to this season of the show as I have every season BUT this one is extra special as I will be in one of the episodes. You will all have to tune in to see why!


See the trailer for the season HERE:






I have to honestly say that Kimora in person is STUNNING. Seriously have you ever been in the presence of someone and you felt your proverbial "jaw drop"? that's how I felt when Kimora entered the room. She is truly beautiful and exotic.





I also have to also take this opportunity to call bullshit on those folks at Kellwood Corp. (you know the people who purchased Baby Phat from Kimora and Russell Simmons back in 2004). They complained that "It costs thousands of dollars to airbrush her because she's a size 10". Besides the fact that Kellwood is representing sizeism by implying that there is something wrong with being a size 10, I feel compelled to call them out on their unprofessional statement about Kimora's recent departure from Baby Phat. That's right kids: SHE IS NO LONGER WITH BABY PHAT! Kimora herself has never denied the use of airbrushing and I can say from personal experience she is not a size 10. However she would be just as beautiful as a size 16 or at any size. I personally feel that her departure from the Baby Phat brand she created is a creative blessing in disguise for Kimora who is now on the path of evolution. Personal, professional and creative evolution that seems to have no limits for her.





Expect to see a re-launch of her web site http://www.kls.com/ , a new fragrance and much much more to come in 2011. I am interested to see where this Style Maven, Modelling pioneer, Mommy and mogul will go next. Tune in to see my first ride (of many I hope) in the Fab lane and I must say, I really enjoyed it.

You have come a long way baby from the CHANEL runways in the late 1980's (where by the way she made history as the youngest model to grace the catwalk at that time and be the finale bride!).





She and I are contemporaries, she on the catwalk at 14 and me a student of fashion since the tender age of 10 (we are close in age). I remember taping on my VHS machine Kimora on the Chanel runways Spring/Summer 1991. She has a deep history in fashion, can you even imagine being Karl Lagerfeld's MUSE at the age of 14?? or at any age? With her creativity, dedication, kindness, compassion, resources, honesty and take-no-shit attitude the sky is really the limit for Kimora! Love her or hate her there is no denying her true place in the FAB LANE!

When we met in person finally it was as if I have known her for a lifetime. She is very personable, warm, funny, intelligent and no BS ~ Which I LOVE!!

Thanks Kimora for my day in the fab lane, may it be the first of many!


Kimora & I (wearing a Vintage Asian jacket - http://www.evolution-vintage.com/ )

FOLLOW KIMORA ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/OfficialKimora

No comments:

Post a Comment