Friday, April 16, 2010

Get Carried Away in VINTAGE


((Vintage-esque Dior Haute Couture top hat with netting. Fred Leighton diamond double-drop earrings. Vogue May 2010))


SJP's Vintage-inspired Glam spread in the May 2010 issue of Vogue got me thinking about her take on Vintage clothing and her SATC days. She talks about her two daughters in the article named Tabitha ("or Babe") and Loretta ("or Kitty"). She said: "Aren't those great names? It's like it's 1940. I wish it were 1940."

As the masses of women all around the globe anxiously anticipate the return of "Sex and the City" to the big screen in the sequel to be released this May, it got me thinking about the SATC legendary fashion legacy. First a "BIG" thank you to Pat Field and her team for providing fashionistas everywhere with 6 seasons and a large scale movie version of fashion inspiration which makes our mouths water, our wallets lighter and our closets a lot fuller.

Carrie has always led the fashionable foursome for me so I thought I would take a walk down SATC memory lane and examine how she styled Vintage pieces. Let it inspire you ladies. If she can do it in a fictitious life you can do it in your real one!

**CLICK ON THE COLLAGE TO VIEW THE LARGE VERSION!!**



Is a $5 vintage Tu-Tu for you?



Vintage Polka Dot Dress (Which is hanging in SJP's closet right now)?



Seafoam Vintage Tulle dress?






Try something new and be creative with fashion. Select Vintage pices and style with your current wardrobe!! Get Carried away with Vintage ...

SHOP EVOLUTION VINTAGE

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog!!!!! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog, i love Carries style, do you have any pics of a rainbow skirt she wore in 'i think' the 1st/2nd season, downward stripes not accross? apprciate any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Saoirsel. Did you mean the rainbow skirt she wore to Miranda's baby shower with the baby blue crop sweater? It was a rainbow pattern and I think it was beaded ..... If not please clarify and I will try to find the image for you XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok if that is the skirt you are taking about I had a hard time loacting a photograph as well. BUT this may help: The episode is in Season 4 -episode 65 called "A Vogue Idea" ~ and the skirt was designer: matthew williamson rainbow sequin skirt. Hope this helps!

    If it is another skirt let me know and I'll see what I can find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want that skirt!!! cant find it...ugh

      Delete
  5. It is not the Matthew Williamson Rainbow Sequin Skirt but I have a FAB Vintage rainbow stripe piece that you could have cut into a mid-length. http://evolutionvtg.blogspot.com/2013/02/shes-like-rainbow.html

    ReplyDelete